In case I actually forget that I’m still sometimes a potter in this life…..
Just now getting back in the groove of actual pottery making…. Mugs are usually the first order of business.
- I like making them, possibly more than any other form.
- If anything actually sells at my sales I can usually count on mugs.
- Right now I’m down to an all time low in stock for mugs.
- I have a real creative interest in exploring these ‘fat’ handles.
- Mugs are about the most ‘process’ driven activity in my practice, so I have no excuse but to play around with shapes and difference.
- My mission of putting pottery in the hands of young art enthusiasts is probably most accessible with mugs.
- Warming up after a period of inactivity seems to work best with forms that are challenging enough to get my hands back in the technical groove, and variable enough that the rules can be continuously overwritten in the name of exploration and discovery.
- They fit better in kilns than most other shapes, so there’s always room for them as filler around other pots…..
- Did I say I love making them?
Make beauty real!